Wednesday, October 11, 2006

African Dance Class -the book

African Dance Class by Adwoa Badoe
Photographs by Wolf Kutnahorsky
Scholastic Canada Ltd.
ISBN 978-0-7791-6464-6

It is such a great pleasure to announce this new work published by Scholastic Canada for their Literacy PLace for the Early Years program. The book is so vibrant with photographs of the kids who attended my fall dance session. One can almost hear the drumbeat and see the kids in motion. The text is also very lively. This book will keep my memory of teaching dance in Guelph long after I have retired from it and I'm glad for such a keepsake.

Michelle is riveting as the star of the book and I think she's going to gaze at this book a million times before she's done with it. I think every school which sees it will order it with the entire program. Some things in life a re a treat and this is one of them.

Tomorrow Jiwani performs at the University of Guelph for a Maasai fundraiser. I'm really looking forward to that.

No comments: