Friday, July 09, 2010

Since June

photo by Amiliah Goodrich...June 2010 Guelph Multicultural Festival
June 19th...the drum-dance year of Afroculture ended with the recital, "Joie de Vivre", held for families and friends. This performance took place at 3 Watson Rd South, at the premises of River of Life Church. I am told that the joy of the performers was fetching and infectious, and I agree. The fellowship and the laughter, the food and the atmosphere were all I could hope for. Since June 19th, we have also held workshops at the Guelph Multicultural Festival and told stories at The Latitudes Festival, Kitchener. Mostly my attention has been on the FIFA World Cup games and my energy has been spent in writing the roughest of rough drafts for my next novel. Did I say my first (YA) novel will be released in September? I am still witholding its name just a little longer for the sake of mystery.

No comments: